As Hong Kong and the rest of the world emerged from the prolonged social distancing measures and travel restrictions imposed nearly three-year Covid-19 pandemic, many positive signs have been shown up as things start resuming quickly and creating a more dynamic ecosystem that draws innovative ventures from around the world to Hong Kong.
With various policies actively in place to support the development of local innovation and technology, Hong Kong is attracting more technology companies to set up or expand their operations in 2023. Being the world's leading destination for initial public offerings (IPOs) of companies, Hong Kong processes a highly international and business-friendly environment, an open and level playing field, as well as a well-developed financial infrastructure with a first-class transport and telecommunications infrastructure network.
- Hong Kong is launching various talent admission schemes to attract talents to support the high value added and diversified development of the Hong Kong economy. Top Talent Pass Scheme(TTPS) attracts top talent with rich work experience and good academics qualification from all over the world to explore opportunities in Hong Kong.
- In the World Competitiveness Yearbook 2022, the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) has voted Hong Kong as the 5th most competitive among 63 economies.
- To ensure a fair and accessible business environment, Hong Kong has comprehensive policies and legislation to protect intellectual property rights.
- Hong Kong's tax advantage lies in the fact that there are only three direct taxes and a tax exemption system which allows a reduced tax burden for businesses.
- Hong Kong is the world's largest offshore renminbi business center. It has established several interoperable investment channels with mainland China, including the Shanghai-Hong Kong and Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connects, the Bond Connect, and the Cross-border Financial Services Connect.
Our Doing Business in Hong Kong 2023 guide covers key points on setting up a company in Hong Kong, such as the establishment of an entity in Hong Kong, import issues, tax and financial systems, financial reporting, auditing standards, as well as labor and employment. It will be assisting those who are interested in starting a business and maintaining business presence in Hong Kong.
Download our brochure or contact us below to know more about doing business in Hong Kong.