Mazars is the Expatriate Tax and Social Security technical partner to the RES Forum who are an independent community for International HR and Mobility professionals. On the 5th of May, the RES Forum held an event in Hong Kong at Goldman Sachs’ offices and we had the pleasure to be invited to speak at the event. The event last Friday had attracted around 20-30 attendees from different corporates.
On behalf of Mazars Hong Kong, Michael To, our Managing Director of Tax services and Alexandra Hui, our tax Partner had participated in the event. The session covered the following topics:
Hong Kong Tax
• Overview of Hong Kong salaries tax
• Taxable income
• Collection of salaries tax and obligations of expatriates
• Mandatory Provident Fund
• How expatriates are taxed in China
• Availability of tax credit
• Any tax planning room
• Obligations of tax reporting and payment
• Working permit requirement
• Tax equalisation arrangement
Want to know more?
Michael To Partner, Tax Advisory Services - Hong Kong