James Ye Partner, Risk Management and Internal Control
- MBA, California State University, Long Beach, U.S.
- Certified Public Accountant, State of California, U.S.
- Certified Public Accountant (Practising), Hong Kong
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
James started his career at Shanghai Finance and Tax Bureau. Prior to joining Mazars Hong Kong, he worked for leading international accounting firms in the U.S.A. and Hong Kong. James is currently in charge of the Business Risk service.
Being responsible for leading the Sarbanes-Oxley S404 advisory services to SEC registrants based in Hong Kong and China, he led teams performing reviews on internal control procedures for multi-national companies in the U.S.A., the Mainland China, and Hong Kong.
James managed audit teams to comply with reporting requirements for several IPOs in the United States and Hong Kong. His experience includes external and internal auditing, strategic planning and structuring, IPO formation for a hotel REIT, M&A due diligence for Wall Street based public companies, real estate securitization for commercial banks, financial modeling (including cash flow projections and forecasts) for investment banking companies, debt restructuring and equity / debt raising for a multi-national company.
James led a team of finance and tax professional from Shanghai municipal government in establishing VAT legislation in China and involved in granting financial assistance to state-owned enterprises in Shanghai.