In this expert insight, Annie Chan - Managing Director of Mazars Forensic and Investigation Services - shares her point of view on how "what you don’t know can hurt you". Players in the finance industry in Hong Kong now need to be very conscious of their roles under the new anti-money laundering ("AML") and counter-terrorist financing ("CFT") regulations, since failure to comply with these may lead to criminal prosecution and financial penalties.
- Conformity with the Financial Action Task Force (“FATF”) Standards
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (Financial institutions) Ordinance ("AMLO")
- The AML / CFT Guideline 2012
- Key AML / CFT Requirements
- Personal criminal liability for non-compliance
- Are you and your company at risk?