Success for the first edition of "China at Barcelona Summit"
"China at Barcelona Summit" sets as a platform to attract Chinese investment.
The first edition of "China at Barcelona
", a pioneering initiative to attract Chinese investments in Southern Europe and the Mediterranean area, was successfully held from 19 to 21 October 2011. More than 30 companies from a large range of sectors and 4 investment agencies from Beijing , Shanghai, Chongqing and Shandong provinces have shown interest in the business opportunities offered by both the city of Barcelona and the region of Catalonia.
The event is jointly organized by the Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona, "la Caixa" and Mazars, with institutional support from the Generalitat de Catalunya, Barcelona City Council and Casa Asia.
The summit opened with the speeches of Artur Mas - President of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Miquel Valls - President of the Chamber of Commerce of Barcelona, Juan Jose Herrera de la Muela - Director General of Casa Asia, Patrick de Cambourg - President and CEO of Mazars Group , Juan María Nin - Executive Vice President and CEO of CaixaBank, and Xavier Trias - Mayor of Barcelona.
To read more about this event:
Television / Video
- Noon News, TV3 (go to minute 28:36)
- Intereconomía Televisión (go to minute 20:58)
- Barcelona City Council Official Website
- Interview of Jordi Marti for 8TV
- Television report on BTV
- Television report on Barcelona Business Channel
- 13th October, Expansion: “China is searching for investment opportunities in Barcelona”
- 20th October, Diario del Puerto: “ China at Barcelona Summit at the port”
- 21st October, El Periódico: “ Barcelona shows its appeal for attracting Chinese investment”
- 21st October, Diario del Puerto: “ The port of Barcelona as the best option for China to export to Europe”
- 21st October, Público: “Barcelona, friend of Chinese businesses”
- 25th October, Expansion, Interview to Dong Tao, Shanghai’s Promotion Agency.
Spanish Newspapers available on line
- La Vanguardia: “Barcelona shows its appeal in front of around thirty Chinese Companies for attracting investment”
- El Economista: “Chinese investments arrive to Southern Europe”
- ABC: “Más invites Chinese investors to do business in Catalonia”
- Puerto de Barcelona: “China at Barcelona Summit, the best way to gain investments for the country”
- E-noticias: “Trias looks towards China”
- Empresaexterior.com: “First China at Barcelona Summit”
- Que.es: “Barcelona shows its appeal in front of around thirty Chinese Companies for attracting investment”
- La malla.cat: “Mas opens the door of Catalonia to Chinese Investors”
Visit Mazars in Spain website.