Mazars now offers IT Audit services in China through the transfer of an experienced manager from our German office
Our new Information Technology (IT) Audit department helps bring your risks under control. Your IT systems play an important part in supporting your business processes and administration. Because important financial information is also held in your IT systems, they have to be audited as well. An IT audit will make sure that this information is reliable and that any risks within these systems can be managed.
The China IT Audit department, based in our Beijing office, is headed by Christopher HOCK, IT audit coordinator for China, who joined our Beijing office in October 2009.
Christopher is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). He is an expert in SAP and Microsoft Business Solutions systems used in a great variety of environments (Manufacturing, Logistics, Banking & Finance, Retail, Food industry, etc.). He initially joined the Munich office of Mazars Hemmelrath in 2005, after graduating from Würzburg University. He worked in the IT Audit and Risk Assurance department, where he was mainly involved in IT audits and related advisory service projects (system implementation reviews, internal audits). Being a native German speaker, Christopher is also in charge of coordinating the German desk in Beijing.
Since his arrival in Beijing, Christopher and his team have already been involved in the assessment of the IT environment and/or the review of system implementation for a number of companies in China.
Main benefits from an IT audit include:
- Analysing your IT systems,
- Reorganising and/or reconfiguring your information system processes,
- Advising on IT risk and security,
- Evaluating your internal IT controls ensuring compliance with the Internal Control regulations such as French Financial Security Law (LSF) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX),
- Helping you meet national and international regulatory requirements.
We work to improve your technology and security by:
- Assessing your logistical and technical security,
- Auditing your systems,
- Analysing data produced by information systems,
- Evaluating IT functions,
- Creating a continuity plan.